Senior Designer (UI)
Digital Style is seeking a full-time senior designer who can help us bring brands to life. In addition to being obsessed with quality and having a passion for solving our customers’ toughest design challenges, we’re looking for someone who can help explain design concepts and the decisions behind their work.
We’re a small, cohesive team and organization with tremendous opportunity for growth. If you’re passionate about what you do, a self-starter, and looking to make a difference, we’re looking for you.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a strong conceptual thinker – both visual and interactive
- Champions design principles while supporting ongoing strategic initiatives
- Develops high-level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Is detail-oriented, making sure every element of a design comes together into a tight, beautiful experience
- Is obsessed with typography, layout, color and interactivity
- Ensures work always meets timelines, budget and quality expectations
- Has strong written/verbal communication skills, excellent customer focus, and a technical aptitude and interest in new technology
- Has experience working collaboratively with a small team of designers, developers and strategists to support a variety of customers and projects
- Ensures design consistency/quality across different channels
- Has a quick wit and is fun to be around (like us)
- 4+ years of experience in interactive design, ideally for major brands
- Fluent in Sketch or XD + Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Demonstrated CSS and HTML skills
- A stellar online portfolio that demonstrates strong critical thinking and an eye for visual design. Documentation showing your thinking/design process behind your work is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of established best practices and current trends in design
- Has a strong understanding of IA and usability principles
- Has a “get it done” attitude and a history of delivering beautiful work over and over again
- Experience designing for WordPress is a plus
It’s a great opportunity to make your mark and build your skills. And you’ll be working with a fun team who was named one of San Diego’s 2018 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®! We also offer health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k), flexible hours, paid sick and vacation, free lunch Fridays, fun employee events, an endless supply of healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, and weekly happy hours on our awesome deck overlooking the marina.
Does this sound like something you might be interested in? Drop us an email at email@example.com and be sure to include a link to recent work. We look forward to hearing from you!