Employee Feature Questionnaire
1. What was your very first job?
As much as I hate to admit it, I worked at Hollister all throughout high school. My official title was ‘model’….ha
2. What degree(s) do you have, and from which institutes and fields of study?
I have a Bachelor of Science in Communication and a certificate in Special Events Management (I originally thought I wanted to be an event planner), both from Arizona State University
3. What do you think is one of the most significant changes that you’ve seen since you started working in your industry?
I would have to say the major shift of focus to everything digital. When I first started at my internship we were so focused on traditional advertising. Now some of those things aren’t even considered effective in a marketing strategy. It’s all about reaching the consumer where they always are, online.
4. What excites you most about the digital marketing world?
The fact that there is so much to learn. There are always new innovations popping up and so there is always room to grow and try new things. It’s an exciting space, because there is really so much opportunity in what you can do.
5. What do you do when you are not at work?
I newly became a dog mom, so if I’m not at work (and even sometimes at work) I am chasing after my little munchkin making sure he stays out of trouble.
6. Do you have any hobbies?
Well my two biggest hobbies are somewhat contradictory – I love to workout, in particular spin and barre….and I love to eat. I enjoy going to new restaurants, old favorites or just cooking at home. If it involves food and wine, count me in.
7. What thing(s) are you obsessed with?
My puppy, football, sleeping, traveling, lazy Sundays, bitchin’ sauce, pinot noir, bears, friends and family
8. What’s one thing about yourself that would surprise people?
I am half Mexican. Don’t let the name fool you! My mother is 100% Mexican and fluent in Spanish. Growing up in Tucson I was able to really experience and love the culture, not to mention it taught me how to make some mean enchiladas
9. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
Breathe and just let it go